[I shared this on Facebook the day Gov.Palin made her announcement] On August 29, 2008 Sarah Palin was introduced to the nation. Not only did she give hope to the Republican Party but she inspired thousands, if not millions of young girls. I am one of them. Up until then really the only prominent female in politics (on a national level) was Hilary Clinton. I grew to admire Sarah Palin during the election. And after her RNC speech I was hooked. She had faith in God and seemed to have a good head on her shoulders. She stood firm on issues that Conservatives hold dear. She was an attractive woman with an attractive family. Her outgoing personality and love for sports helped her appeal to the younger woman. She could relate to everyday moms, female athletes and the young girls who now hope to follow in her footsteps.
Before being launched onto the national stage she was (to the rest of the country) a little known Alaskan governor. But in Alaska she was anything but little known. She had the highest approval rating of any governor in America. She's a fiscal Conservative who believes in small government, individual rights and she respects the Constitution. She has a list of accomplishments in Alaska that speak for themselves.
She had recently been put at the top of the list for 2012 GOP presidential contenders.
So you can imagine how stunned I was when she announced that she would step down from her position as governor at the end of this month. In typical Sarah Palin fashion she gave a good speech (and did it w/o a TelePrompTer...fancy that). But her speech left me sort of excited but also perplexed. The fan in me hopes she has done this to pave the way for a 2012 campaign. But the other part of me wonders if maybe all the media got to her? We all know she was hated by the mainstream media and democrats. And that's because they saw her and still do see her as a huge threat. The coverage of her during and after the campaign was anything but pretty. The jokes and down right cruel things written/said not just about her but about her children may have gotten to her. Maybe she has decided she doesn't want to participate in the dirty game we call politics. In that respect, I would totally understand if she completely left politics for good. But deep inside of me I hear a voice telling me, shes not done yet. I think she has the ability to really help out the country, whether it be running for president, or speaking on behalf of Conservative causes. She has been compared to Ronald Reagan, and I think that is just what the Republican Party needs right now, someone who can re-focus the party!
But whatever her decision is I will always admire and respect her. For that I thank her and hope her the best in whatever path she chooses for her future!

No comments:
Post a Comment