Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Why am I Blogging?

I am blogging because I think its just another tool to get my voice heard. I'm just a young kid with in interest in what is going on in our country. Unfortunately, I'm not excited about the direction our country is headed. I am in no way a genius, but I inform myself. I know history and history tells me we are in for a long haul. I was opposed to this President during the campaign, and I have not changed my mind. I started off giving him the benefit of the doubt, but that has since changed. I am a proud republican- but wouldn't be opposed to voting for a 3rd party candidate if I thought he/she had a shot at winning.
I love my country out of a love for God. I'm so grateful God
has blessed me to live in this free country. But recently I've felt as if
this new administration wants to abandon all that this country was founded
upon. And any well educated person knows that this country was founded
upon God, our Creator. You just have to read something like the
Declaration of Independence to understand that. I fear for this great
country. We are being torn apart not just by forgein enemies, but by our
very own government. If those of us who see whats happening don't take the
time to inform others, we will be hurting more than we could imagine. Its
time we take a stand, because the government works for US.
I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I'm educating myself now, because it has become apparent that the media just isn't doing their job. I don't want to see this country fall, I don't think anyone does- no matter what your party may be. So its time we UNITE, after all we are the UNITED States of America!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Jackie, I'm proud of you, and I say that in all seriousness. Years ago, the thought never would've crossed my mind that you'd become interested in politics. It's a pleasant surprise.

Anyways, I enjoy seeing how much you care about our country. Knowing that someone else out there realizes that it was founded upon our Lord is a great encouragement.
Keep it up.
I'll be visiting every once in a while.