Sunday, August 2, 2009

Princess McCain


This is my chance to explain why I detest Meghan McCain (a fellow conservative).
During the election I checked up on her blog quite regularly because I enjoyed the behind-the-scenes pictures and videos she posted. So, I considered myself a fan of hers...until I got twitter. I joined twitter and saw that she had one so started following her. About the time I started following her she started making several TV appearances so I tuned into most of them because I thought I was a fan of hers. But the more I heard her speak and the more I payed attention to her tweets I started rethinking that fact that I'd considered myself a fan. She comes across (in my opinion) as first of all a girl who grew up getting whatever she wanted because of her last name. I still believe its because of her last name that she is so popular. But I have a hard time understanding someone who calls them self a Republican/Conservative and then goes on TV shows and sells the party out. If you ask me theres a problem when you are a conservative and loved by the liberal media... that just doesn't add up. Liberals love her because she loves to talk smack about the Republican Party. Yes, I realize the Republican Party is not in great shape but that doesn't mean you go around talking about how messed up it is. Liberals want any kind of dirt they can get on Republicans/Conservatives and Meghan McCain spoon-feeds them ammunition. I also am very nauseated by how self-indulgent she is. I get the impression she thinks shes the "new voice of the Republican Party", well if she is... the Republican Party is going to be hurting even more. The Republican Party does not need to head in the direction Miss McCain would like it to go. She has the idea that Republicans are "too conservative", well newsflash...generally Republicans are conservative, sorry to burst your bubble. She thinks the Repub Party needs to become liberal on social issues like gay marriage and needs to stop preaching abstinence only in order to get more young votes. Well, if that's her grand plan the RP may gain some support from younger people but it will loose a TON of support from people who have been with the party for a long time, because a lot of people only vote for a certain party because of the social issues. I am also annoyed by the fact that she refuses time after time to comment on anything related to Sarah Palin, something the liberals love because they assume she doesn't like Sarah Palin because of her lack of voicing an opinion. McCain prides herself on being bold and outspoken yet she can't even give a hint as to how she feels about the former governor of Alaska. One tweet that really got me said "and at the end of the day I'm still getting used to being a controversial republican". Yes, I'm sure life is SO hard for you!!!! BOHOO. Her mother is probably part of the reason McCain sees herself as the future of the party, consider this tweet by Cindy McCain "@McCainBlogette you are a leading young republican, someone with depth and grasp of what the future of our party should be". That's good to know, the future of our party rests on the shoulders of a 27 year-old girl who has gotten where she is because her dad is a Senator and former candidate for president. If Meghan McCain rises as the head of this party something is wrong with the party- even more than I thought was wrong.
Not that this will come as any surprise but I have stopped following McCain, her twitter page has become a place for her to talk about her posh lifestyle and getting pulled over or out partying in Vegas or about what dress she is going to wear today and that she can't wait to hear TMZ and bloggers talk about her cleavage! YIPEE!!!! So needless to say I got sick of hearing about all that crap. Any Republican reading this, please don't fall into Princess McCain's ideas for the party, shes so far off.

1 comment:

Amanda Read said...

You made quite a few good points. I read her blog during the Election and then started following her on Twitter just like you did, but I have been disappointed in her since then. On rare occasion she finds some nice things to say. Once she tweeted this: "why am I republican very quickly: national security, less government, low taxes, right to bear arms, I'm very pro-life is that good for now?".

But then she goes and vaunts the liberal side and talks loose as though it's the "cool" thing to do. Some of the people she hangs out with are gay, and she has absorbed their worldview of marriage and become an activist of that perversion.

Sigh...people like Meghan McCain miss out on - and subsequently rob others of - the full triumph of Christianity. Liberalism presents this fluffy, diluted worldview of the Bible and the victory its principles offer in all areas of life, including government. I pray that she and other conservatives will come to discover and act upon the full power of the WORD!

Keep blogging, take care and MAY GOD BLESS,

~Amanda~

P.S. - Bless Sarah Palin's heart, may the LORD give her wisdom and guidance in whatever He has in store for her!